Through a whole-person, comprehensive approach that overlaps ages, subject areas, and NDSS programs, the Aging and Caregiving Programs will address the needs of adults with Down syndrome with timely and practical resources, materials, and educational opportunities for individuals, families, and caregivers.
News and articles of special interest to family caregivers.
Our caregiver newsletter is published several times a year and contains articles and resources of particular interest to family caregivers.
Articles cover a range of topics and issues that families need up-to-date information on such as research, managing care, resources, and much more. NTG and NDSS partner to bring you newsletters on caregiving. Stay up-to-date below!
View Past Issues of the Caregiving Newsletter below:
- The National Alliance for Caregiving has created a new guidebook for caregivers of children with rare and/or serious illnesses. The Circle of Care Guidebook for Caregivers of Children with Rare and/or Serious Illnesses is a comprehensive resource of supports, services, and information that will help caregivers on their caregiving journey.
National Family Caregiver Month
November is National Family Caregiver Month
NDSS is proud to partner with the Voya Cares program at Voya Financial to share a video series in November dedicated to celebrating, honoring and informing family caregivers across the country. Every Wednesday in November, join NDSS and Voya Financial as we raise awareness of caregiving issues, share information about caregiver rights and financial wellness, and support caregivers in all that they do for the Down syndrome and disability communities.
Thank you, caregivers!
- AARP and NAC: Caregiving in the U.S. 2020
- Child and Dependent Care Credit FAQs
- Financial Wellness
- Voya Cares
- Dependent Care FSA
- For the Benefit of All: How Organizations Win When They Recognize and Support Caregivers and Employees with Disabilities
- Infographics: Caregivers in the workplace, Employers make a difference (download PDF)
- Voya Cares Checklist for Employers (download PDF).
- Voya Financial: Caregiver Resources Internal and External