Applications must be submitted by May 15, 2022.
The Brandon Gruber Scholarship was established with the goal of supporting self-advocates as they pursue their passion for visual and performing arts.
Brandon Gruber has experienced inclusion and exclusion in school. As a young student he was always included in sports, academics and the arts. In high school after a move, he found himself shut out of many opportunities because he was seen limited and struggled. As a result, he flipped the switch his senior year and showed others who he really was and created his own path thru reverse inclusion and his art. He started his own foundation and sold his art cards to help his classmates afford to attend the winter formal, prom, bought yearbooks and college scholarships for students who were migrant or under resourced. Since high school, he’s continued his mission and over 700 individuals have benefited from his efforts.
Brandon would like to offer 3- $1,000 scholarships for individuals over the age of 18 to help launch or continue their passion visual or performing arts instruction. We strongly urge individuals to apply if you’ve never received a scholarship, or in financial need.
To apply, please provide answers to the following questions:
- Tell us what form of the arts you are passionate about
- Detail why are you so passionate about the arts
- Include photos or videos
- Include your name, address, age, phone number and e-mail address in your application. Self-advocates may apply for themselves or have someone complete the application for them.
- Three self-advocates will receive the 2022 Brandon Gruber Scholarship
- A maximum of $1,000 will be awarded
You should complete the application as independently as possible All applications must be submitted by May 22, 2022.