The Buddy Walk® was established by NDSS in 1995 and has grown to be the world’s largest and most recognizable Down syndrome awareness program, with hundreds of local Walks taking place across the US and select international countries. Each year hundreds of thousands of walkers collectively raise funds to support local programs and services as well as national initiatives.
Why Walk with NDSS: Buddy Walk® Organizer Benefits
Are you wanting to organize a Buddy Walk® in your community but don’t know where to start? Thanks to a partnership between NDSS and local Down syndrome support groups, NDSS can provide you with all the materials you need to host a successful event.
- Website promotion Our site is the top searched website for the Buddy Walk® and information about Down syndrome, putting your message right where it can be seen.
- NDSS Staff members Our dedicated staff of experienced Walk planners and fundraisers will assist you in all aspects of your planning. We can also join you at your event.
- Expert advice Everyone needs a little help along the way, and it’s best when we all support one another. We’ll also offer you access to experts through our webinars.
- Monthly Organizer Webinars: NDSS Staff and Buddy Walk Organizer-led webinars focus on topics specific to organizing a Buddy Walk, whether being a new Buddy Walk or a well-established one.
- Buddy Walk® Organizer Portal: This section of our website is for organizers only. This is where you can download content such as Buddy Walk® logos, templates, and letters. You can also view and use materials from others Walks and update your listing.
- Regional and National Partners: These opportunities will be available to you as they come. Information will be provided as partnerships are secured.
- An invitation to the Buddy Walk Organizers Conference held exclusively for Buddy Walks to learn more about walks, stewardship, and more!
Your commitment to Buddy Walk® is the reason it remains the most widely recognized Down syndrome awareness program both nationally and worldwide. On behalf of NDSS, thank you!